Saturday, May 5, 2012

Concert Band

First off, I'd like to say I realize that is a marching band picture. I have no pictures of our concert band, saw this one on facebook and thought "eh, good enough". Tonight was our spring band concert, and it was finally awesome. We've spent the last four years rebuilding the band program out of nothing. The cursed band director position had never been held for more than two years at a time, until good old Mr. Sterk. He has made our band into something special. Just look at that picture, two trumpet players upside down. Isn't that great? I mean sure, we totally stole it from the Cavaliers drum corps, but our mascot is the Cavalier, so we just borrowed it from ourselves. Our concert was great, the applause was actually meaningful. It was also our awards night, and I took home outstanding freshman. Yay me. I'm also a "scholar musician" for being in the top five of my class. It was a fun night, and I look forward for my upcoming year in band. It's gonna be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment